BHMAS is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of visitors to our website https://bhmas.org/ and complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Our website Privacy Notice tells you about the practices we follow to look after your personal data. It sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the notice carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by completing our ‘contact us’ forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting information or ordering our goods or services. We may also ask you for information when you provide feedback to us about our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies.
Where we are able to, we may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes and in order to analyse visits made to our site. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website and is processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. For more information please visit https://allaboutcookies.org
Security of your personal data
The transmission of information via the internet should not be assumed to be totally secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. However, once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your personal data
We may use information held about you in the following ways;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service to you.
Links to other websites
Where we provide links to websites of other organisations, in our documents and on our website, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
Disclosure of your personal data
We will not share the personal information we collect via this website with any other organisation unless we have your consent to do so.
Changes to this Privacy Notice